Old 16-09-2010, 04:22 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dan L[_2_] Dan L[_2_] is offline

Default two articles

Billy wrote:
In article ,
Rick wrote:

Unfortunately there is not a lot of discussion about gardening here
anymore. That's especially true of threads that conatin certain
nyms.
Many people that used to chime in with reliable info have moved on,
do
in large part to the faith based diatribes.

What do you want to see discussed? We discuss the best and worst of
our
garden plants, offer suggestions on pests. We discuss organic vs.
non-organic, and impact of cultivation methods on the environment. We
discuss till vs. no till gardening.

What would you point to as a faith based diatribe?

I BELIEVE . I know what the person is talking about. Almost all areas
of study has a faith base controversy. It is a basic presupposition that
many believe as a fact that may or not be true.

Ex: Weather: Global Warming is true. From there a line of reasoning will
continue to defend a way of life or doing things.

Ex: physics: objects move in increments from A to B. Others believe
objects move continuously occupying all points from A to B. Zeno's
Paradoxes.

Ex: Abortion: Human life begins at conception, therefore should be
illegal. Others believe Human life begins at birth, therefore should be
legal.

The list goes on... Such hard line beliefs in any forum can wreck it.
Leads to insults. If you believe that then you are $&@:$) and the
flame wars begin.

This stuff goes on at many work places also to the point of no real work
get done.
However, we all have our beliefs and want to express them. As for me, I
like the political as well as practical. I know others just want
straight answers without the arguing.

Usenet is older than email. The web is so developed that anyone can get
the information they want on plants and gardening without the politics.
As for me, I always go to the web for the information I want.

What I like about here - is the politics of gardening that will not be
typically found in many web based garden forums. Let the arguments
begin!

At least this is my belief
--
Enjoy Life... Dan L (Garden in zone 5a Michigan)