Old 20-04-2003, 06:14 AM
Bigs

Default newbie with plants

"Chuck Gadd" wrote in message
On Mon, 02 Dec 2002 12:01:00 -0500, Bigs
wrote:

produce is alot higher than what they consume. For example, my 7 watt
bulb emits a candle power of 30-40watts (aprox).

By the way, just so you know, I'm not fighting you on this issue just
as a way to embarrass you. The main reason is because if a beginner
does a search of the newsgroups and gets false info, they will be very
frustrated. Someone trying to use an "equivilent to 100w bulb"

Note that I don't argue with the fact that your plants are growing
well with just the 7 watts of fluorescent light. In a small 10g
tank, with easy low-light plants, it's not impossible.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua

I know, we are having a mature convcersation!

So basically. Let's talk technical..

LUMENS. All lights has a LUMEN output. If you look closely,
not every fluorencent that is 20 watts has the same lumens. I have
seen some that are quite different depending on the size of the tube.
Length and diameter.

Info on the web...
Miniature bipin base, 5/8" diameter13W,
21" long, rated average life 7500 hours, 720 lumens

Yet another 13 watt same size gave 850 lumens.

I just find it really really bright in there! So, you tell me
I should try 2 - 14 watt? He he he... I'll give it a shot.

I have seen well lit tank before. I just find mine really
well lit. I'll take a picture of both. That's if my digital
camera doesn't fail on me!

Ciao!

Marc