Old 16-09-2010, 11:07 PM
notch notch is offline
Registered User

Default purple drooping pannicles shrub

I've tried various combinations of these descriptions in order to identify a shrub I have in my garden in the Midlands. It flowers all the summer and the flowers never seem to be dead. The plants is about seven feet tall and stems are upright and are hollow. The florets end in a small white area.
I am often asked what it is but we purchased it from a small garden on the south coast when we lived in Reading and they told us it was a nutmeg tree but thats not what it is!