Old 20-04-2003, 06:14 AM
Bigs

Default newbie with plants

Chuck Gadd wrote:

On Mon, 02 Dec 2002 14:07:14 -0700, Chuck Gadd wrote:

frustrated. Someone trying to use an "equivilent to 100w bulb"

Dang, never completed the though...

Someone trying to use an "equivilent to 100w bulb" that is really only
a 25w fluorescent will get very frustrated when plants keep dying over
their 50g tank, even though they mistakenly believe they have 2 watts
per gallon.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua

Alright, I've added both 14 watt compact fluo bulbs. It's pretty bright
but
I think the fish are getting used to it. I also had to rig a CPU fan to
attach on
my hood since they produce so much heat! So by adding Co2, the plants
will probably grow out of my tank!

Hey, my Gourami looks pretty damn good in all that light!

Marc