Old 17-09-2010, 09:52 PM
under par's Avatar
under par under par is offline
Registered User

Location: Bournemouth
Default Bay tree rescue help please?

Hello all,

This is my 1st post on this forum so please no newbie bullying.

I've been given a relatively mature Bay tree (approx 1.25m high) by a kind customer of mine. She has had it from seed but in recent years has let her garden including the Bay go due to ill health.

Its in a rather large pot but the roots are protruding through the top of the soil. I plan to re-pot it in a larger pot adding more soil that will hopefully introduce more nutrition to the root structure. Is this the right thing to do and am I going about it the right way?

Which soil would suit a Bay tree? What should I avoid and avoid doing?