Old 18-09-2010, 05:23 AM posted to rec.gardens
mleblanca mleblanca is offline

Default Fall is sticky pot season

On Sep 16, 5:07*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 9/15/10 9:17 PM, in article
,

"mleblanca" wrote:
On Sep 15, 6:33*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
* * In the last few days, I've been finding some great sticky pots

Green Envy cone flower
Toad lily
A pale blue Siberian iris
A "ragged leaf" veronica

Cheryl

Oh Cheryl I know what you mean. *I went yesterday to buy a couple of
plants for the raffle at the first Fall Garden Club meeting. And here
is
what I found sticking to me.

Begonia sutherlandii
Fuchsia Gartenmeister
a six pack of Snapdragons
Sidalcea *Party Girl
4 Mums of assorted colors!
Oh and for the raffle: *a begonia and a white mum.

What fun!!!
Emilie
NorCal *nights: 50s, days mid 80s

I suspect more pots will stick to me today as I go out with a gardening
friend (and stitching friend too).
*I've had Party Girl a few times, doesn't like my yard much.

Yes I know. She doesn't stick around here for long either. She gets
partied
out, and off she goes. But I do like those little pink "hollyhock"
flowers.
The snaps are the same pink, and a deeper rose pink, and yellow. I
will
add some pansies/violas tomorrow. (but will I come out with only
those,
or will more sticky pots follow? Who knows!)

Fleece flower? Is that Persicaria? red ones sound pretty. They can
get
to be a little invasive here. Sunflowers are always great. Hope they
are
waiting there on Monday for you. Have fun with Hockey

Emilie
we may get a little rain this weekend (??)