Old 20-04-2003, 06:14 AM
Rich Conley

Default newbie with plants

I agree with him. I have 2 15 watt strip lights on a 20H, and they dont produce nearly
the light that the 2 14W energy savers did, but the energy savers in the incandescet
hood tended to focus most of the light on the top front part of the glass, and this part
would turn green.....

Bigs wrote:

"Victor M. Martinez" wrote:

I get your point. What we have to clear up here is that it's not a strip (tube)
light like a fluorescent fixture. The bulb I have is an energy save bulb. It
takes 7 watts of power but emits light like a 30 watt fluorescent light. This is

I'm afraid you are incorrect. Energy savings bulbs *are* fluorescent bulbs
and the comparison wattage they list on the package is for incandescent
bulbs, which is what they are trying to replace.

--
Victor M. Martinez | The University of Texas at Austin
| Department of Chemical Engineering
http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv | Austin, TX 78712
If we knew what we were doing it would not be called research, would it?

Just to prove my point. I will take a pic of my setup and you decide what emits
more light. I understand they compare to incandescent lighting, my point is that
my 14 watt emits more light than a 14 watt fluorescent tube. Big time.
I have a 3' 25 watt in my office and it doesn't emit as much light as my 14 watt.