Old 18-09-2010, 09:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
semi-ambivalent[_2_] semi-ambivalent[_2_] is offline

Default Need help with storing too many red chile peppers

Our supply of ground chimayo chile (from a woman in Chimayo, NM) is
finally almost gone so this year instead of planting anaheims I set
plants started from twelve year old chimayo seeds. Thinking they might
not do too well because of their age I used almost my entire garden.
Wrong. Now I have seven and a half 4 foot ristras drying and I don't
know how to save them. Whole? Ground? Freezer or the basement? We've
always bought ground chile or, when using whole dried pods, we would
briefly sear the pods in a hot iron pan. Can't do that with seven
ristras worth. I need help.

thx,

sa