Old 18-09-2010, 11:22 PM posted to aus.gardens
SG1[_3_] SG1[_3_] is offline

Default Hopping pests

wrote in message
On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 19:24:58 -0700 (PDT), tathraman
wrote:

My garden is being ravaged by wallabies and/or kangaroos. Can anyone
suggest a deterrent (excluding slaughter) that would be effective?

Indoor hydroponics?

When in SW Qld we used to get Bunnies & hoppers during the night come in to
sample the "lawn". Our fiercely terratorial heeler would not make a sound
about these intruders. But when off the chain she would chase them till the
cows came home. So the idea of using a "feral" to control the natives may
not work if the feral does not roam free. And of course no one here has free
roaming ferals????