Old 19-09-2010, 12:14 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Hopping pests

SG1 wrote:
wrote in message
On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 19:24:58 -0700 (PDT), tathraman
wrote:

My garden is being ravaged by wallabies and/or kangaroos. Can anyone
suggest a deterrent (excluding slaughter) that would be effective?

Indoor hydroponics?

When in SW Qld we used to get Bunnies & hoppers during the night come
in to sample the "lawn". Our fiercely terratorial heeler would not
make a sound about these intruders. But when off the chain she would
chase them till the cows came home. So the idea of using a "feral" to
control the natives may not work if the feral does not roam free. And
of course no one here has free roaming ferals????

He The Kelpie isn't feral but he is free and suffers no bunnies or wallabies
in the garden.

David