Old 19-09-2010, 04:17 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Dwarf Meyer Lemon tree rescue help please?

Dave_s wrote:
My 30 year old Dwarf Meyer Lemon tree is growing in the ground.
This year it contains at least 10 dark green golf ball size lemons
that refuse to turn yellow, remain dark green and rock hard. These
tiny lemons appeared early summer, and very slowly became golf ball
size. Trouble is, that these lemons remain same size. Only two show a
tiny yellowing section (10%) and are still dark green and hard as a
rock.

The photo does look like Meyer lemon but it's hard to be sure. Have you
checked that the leaves and fruit are on the grafted stock not the root
stock?

The leaves also do not look green and healthy as they have in the
past. Now leaves are not bright green, but green with many
alternating yellow spots from tip and along edges to the back.

Where are you? What is the climate like? What season is it? How much sun
per day does this tree get?

I may have not deep watered often enough, roughly did water every
three weeks. Have been infrequently feeding with Scotts Citrus food.

Does that include trace elements? Deficiency diseases can cause yellowing
of the leaves.

Want to help this tree ripen those ten stagnated lemons.

Question is what can I do to revive this Meyer Lemon?

Another 24 hour deep watering?

Not before you check the soil moisture. Pouring on more water will not help
if it has plenty.

Apply commercial Citrus dry plant food?

What season is it? When did you last apply it? I wouldn't be feeding
heavily if it was the end of the growing season.

Apply 0-10-10 to stimulate fruiting?

No.

Apply steer manure?

Possibly but that from a heifer is better if the moon is waxing.

Sure need some suggestions. I can supply pictures if needed.
Thank you, Dave_s

David