Old 19-09-2010, 09:26 AM posted to aus.gardens
Trish Brown Trish Brown is offline

Default Hopping pests

atec77 wrote:
On 19/09/2010 3:10 PM, Trish Brown wrote:
atec77 wrote:
On 19/09/2010 9:16 AM, Trish Brown wrote:
I know I keep harping on about this, but how about a quasi or pseudo
snake? Ages ago, someone got rid of brush turkeys from his yard by
sprinkling rubber snakes around. Whether you find these decorative or
not would be up to you, but maybe the 'roos might dislike them
enough to
stay away???

I doubt it would work but might be cheap to try ,we get no animal life
transgressing in the yard , the rotty and wolfhound tend to have that
effect

Wow! What kind of wolfhound? Irish or Russian?

Irish of course
almost a metre tall and 60kg

Ahhhhh... yes, the King of Dogs! I've always wanted one, but lack of $$$
prevents it.

Still, I love my Bull Terrier. She's an old lady these days (nearly
fifteen), but still keeps us on our toes. The little toad's learned to
jump up like a gymnast onto the the timber edges of the rose-garden and
tiptoe along to the middle, where she'll pause to - ah - leave her
calling card, returning by the same route. She's allergic to something
in our lawn, so prefers not to have to 'go' on the grass. ;-D

--
Trish Brown {|:-}

Newcastle, NSW, Australia