Old 19-09-2010, 03:33 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Dwarf Meyer Lemon tree rescue help please?

On 9/19/10 5:18 AM, Dave_s wrote:
Thank you very much for listing some possible causes and some possible
fixes.

I live near Los Angles, CA in Panorama City, CA and summer season is
ending. Tree gets only afternoon sun. Fruit appears to be on trunk from
above the graft.

Possibilities a
1. Greening Disease: My tree leaves do have the characteristic yellow
splotches
2. Possible Zinc deficiency or not adequately acid soil.
3. Your tree might be dying of old age.

I will check for adequate moisture before watering again. Also will test
soil acidity for pH and correct with soil sulfur if less than 6.0. Will
add zinc sulfate if present food does not contain Zinc as trace element.

"IF" cause is Greening Disease, can another Dwarf Meyer Lemon be
planted in the same location? Must the soil be treated to kill Greening
in soil?

Many thanks. Dave_S

Add sulfur if the pH is GREATER than 6.0.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean