Old 20-09-2010, 07:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Alan is offline

Default Potato Days

In message ,
wrote
Sacha wrote:
I wonder if you can set up arrangements with friends whereby you attend
for one half of the day while they look after your children and vice
versa. If you try to set up some kind of cr?che there, you're going to
need big insurance in place as well as any carers being vetted and so
forth.

I never mentioned a creche! I was thinking of a room with some colouring in
etc that was mostly unsupervised but where parents could go to take the kids
away from the crowd! (ie, exactly how the Hampshire one does)

Just because another venue does something (and has been doing it for
years) don't assume that they are obeying any regulations or are not in
breach of their public liability insurance terms and conditions.

99.999% of the time you will get away with a common sense approach -
until something goes wrong.

I think you would be wise to assume that all parents are not responsible
and some will dump their children unsupervised to use the facilities you
have provided.

You are better off not providing any facilities for children at all. If
you are not careful the organisation of minor peripheral activities
could take the majority of your time.
--
Alan