Old 19-09-2010, 12:15 AM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default Hopping pests

"tathraman" wrote in message
My garden is being ravaged by wallabies and/or kangaroos. Can anyone
suggest a deterrent (excluding slaughter) that would be effective?

David

ime kangaroos will only eat grass & similar, so if something else is being
eaten it must be wallabies or rabbits.

we found that after we put up a fence, wallabies stayed out (they can't jump
very high). roos still come in although the dog chases them out, but as i
said i've only ever seen them eating the grass so that doesn't matter
anyway.

wallabies will eat anything, the wee blighters, & most horribly they will
ruin all your young trees. the fence solved most of the problem. to cope
with rabbits (which mercifully can't eat trees), we have one veggie area
with fence along the ground (so they can't dig in underneath) & have netted
half-tubes over other stuff, & that works. (they keep everything out,
although they are annoying, albeit less annoying than discovering total
carnage).
kylie