Old 20-04-2003, 06:14 AM
Ed

Default Removing UGF for planted tank?

On Wed, 04 Dec 2002 16:09:30 GMT, "kush" wrote:

Ed wrote...

And what would build up that the plants couldn't use?

Everything the plants couldn't use.

As it does in the substrate...

In any case it would be easy to "flush out" the space beneath the
plate if one modified the risers to allow for that.

Sure. That would work. But if the risers are there, and the plates are
there, why not use them? I use both UGF and mechanical filtration on my big
tanks. Works great. I recommend it.

I'm sorry but I'll have to disagree on using the UGF. Personally I
would not use the UGF plates as a filter as I would not want to pass
water through them (intentionally). Instead I would use other
filtration.

IMO leaving the UGF plates static would be less of a hassle than using
them as a filter or removing them outright.

Ed

kush

"You can't have everything - where would you put it?"