Old 22-09-2010, 10:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
bobharvey[_2_] bobharvey[_2_] is offline

Default Hedge - Mixing Hornbeam and Dogwood

On 21 Sep, 17:40, Darto wrote:
hello all,
sorry to jump in on this thread but my question though hedge related
isn't specifically re this thread. I have recently come across a hedging
described as "Wonder hedge" a Turkestan elm which would be ideal for
quickly filling the wind tunnel of a hole in my current hedge. is there
a catch ? i'm fearing japanes knotweed, himalayan balsam leylandii etc.
or is it not too good to be true. any one had a go wit it
apologies forbutting in
darto x

Interesting. I've been to the web site, and have the following
thoughts:
1. I agree with you, importing non-native plants should be done with
caution
2. If it grows 1.5 metres in the first year, presumably it does the
same every year after that? You'd have to keep on top of that!