Old 22-09-2010, 10:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
bobharvey[_2_] bobharvey[_2_] is offline

Default Hedge - Mixing Hornbeam and Dogwood

On 22 Sep, 10:06, bobharvey wrote:
On 21 Sep, 17:40, Darto wrote:

hello all,
sorry to jump in on this thread but my question though hedge related
isn't specifically re this thread. I have recently come across a hedging
described as "Wonder hedge" a Turkestan elm which would be ideal for
quickly filling the wind tunnel of a hole in my current hedge. is there
a catch ? i'm fearing japanes knotweed, himalayan balsam leylandii etc.
or is it not too good to be true. any one had a go wit it
apologies forbutting in
darto x

Interesting. *I've been to the web site, and have the following
thoughts:
1. *I agree with you, importing non-native plants should be done with
caution
2. *If it grows 1.5 metres in the first year, presumably it does the
same every year after that? *You'd have to keep on top of that!

Ah yes.
Just found this on the web site:
http://www.wonderhedge.co.uk/sovenyg.../dscf4269.html