Old 22-09-2010, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Part_No Part_No is offline

Default worms and lawns

"Christina Websell" wrote in
:

"Part_No" wrote in message
Martin wrote in
:

On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 15:07:52 GMT, "Part_No" wrote:

Martin wrote in
m:

On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 12:43:35 +0100, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

In article , Martin
writes
The people who live next but one to us have solved problems like
this by covering the garden in concrete and removing the hedge.

Yes, thank you Martin that would probably work - silly me, i
hadn't thought of that

Before the concrete, the garden, which was made by the previous
owners, was beautiful. I don't understand why they didn't buy a
large flat with a balcony if they wanted concrete.

Maybe the price was right.
Now is the time to buy,

Hardly, house prices are just below the peak value.

whatever state the garden is, and alter however you
feel fit.
Not everybody feels the same way we do regarding flower and fauna.
Each to their own eh?
I personally hate "car parks" but there is always one isnt there.

The garden/concrete slab isn't accessible to cars.

A flat of the same floor area is about half the price of a house in
this part of Holland. The land is very expensive in Holland.

Sorry I thought that this group was all about gardening in the UK
hence the
name of the group.

I know nothing about Holland nor do I want to.

Part_no

You are fairly new on here, aren't you? There are several ex-pats who
like to contribute to the group. I see no problem with that.
Tina

Whether I am fairly new, newbie new or an old contributer to this group
it does not matter.
The title of this newsgroup is uk.rec.garening .
Ex-pats are EX-PATS, and do not belong here. They gave up their right to
our country and they must live that way in whatever country gave them a
home.
It gets confusing when some ex-pat is giving information reletive to
their adopted country and has no relevence here(in this UK newsgroup).

Part_No