Old 22-09-2010, 05:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Aries on MacBook Aries on MacBook is offline

Default Fencing height

On 22/09/2010 17:18, Martin wrote:
On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 17:10:13 +0100,
wrote:

We have a very tall (over 10 feet) Leylandii hedge around two sides of
our back garden. I hate it and would like to it replace with a high
fence where we could then grow fruit trees etc alongside it. Can anyone
tell me what the tallest legal height is that one can have re a garden
fence in England ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/spl/h...html/fence.stm

"However, most local council planning regulations only permit a residential
fence to be erected to a maximum height of six feet. Check regulations with your
local council."

That's what my hubby says too but it seems rather strange when an
evergreen hedge way over 10 feet is allowed but not a fence

I suppose a decorative type of trellis on top of a 6 ft fence would be OK ?

--

http://www.ariesval.co.uk/val