Old 22-09-2010, 05:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Aries on MacBook Aries on MacBook is offline

Default Fencing height

On 22/09/2010 17:18, Martin wrote:
On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 17:10:13 +0100,
wrote:

We have a very tall (over 10 feet) Leylandii hedge around two sides of
our back garden. I hate it and would like to it replace with a high
fence where we could then grow fruit trees etc alongside it. Can anyone
tell me what the tallest legal height is that one can have re a garden
fence in England ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/spl/h...html/fence.stm

"However, most local council planning regulations only permit a residential
fence to be erected to a maximum height of six feet. Check regulations with your
local council."

I'll find out more then from the council re the trellis - thanks Martin

--

http://www.ariesval.co.uk/val