Old 22-09-2010, 06:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Aries on MacBook Aries on MacBook is offline

Default Fencing height

On 22/09/2010 17:21, Christina Websell wrote:
wrote in message
.. .
We have a very tall (over 10 feet) Leylandii hedge around two sides of our
back garden. I hate it and would like to it replace with a high fence
where we could then grow fruit trees etc alongside it. Can anyone tell me
what the tallest legal height is that one can have re a garden fence in
England ?

It varies according to whether it's next to a public highway or not.
Our local council allow 2 metres if around your back garden, half that if
next to a public highway. I'd contact your local planning dept in your
position, but there will probably be some online suggestions for loopholes
if you don't like their answer.

Tina

Thanks Tina

--