Old 22-09-2010, 06:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Aries on MacBook Aries on MacBook is offline

Default Fencing height

On 2010-09-22 17:10:13 +0100, aries
said:

We have a very tall (over 10 feet) Leylandii hedge around two sides of
our back garden. I hate it and would like to it replace with a high
fence where we could then grow fruit trees etc alongside it. Can
anyone tell me what the tallest legal height is that one can have re a
garden fence in England ?

Look at the Deeds to your house, Val. Those or attached documents
sometimes give some indication of the restrictions to your property.

Thanks for the suggestion Sacha, but after having this discussion it
seems the best option would be for us to have the present hedge cut down
to arround 7 feet.

--

http://www.ariesval.co.uk/val