Old 22-09-2010, 07:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Grass snakes.

On 2010-09-22 09:27:52 +0100, harry said:

On 19 Sep, 23:38, harry wrote:
We have grass snakes!http://www.flickr.com/photos/ara-chloroptera/?saved

=1
Escaped from *heated propagator and captured making a break for it
across our living room floor!
I will release them tomorrow when it's warmed up a bit.

Update .
All the eggs have hatched. We had twenty one in total.
Surprisingly there were no failed to hatch ones.

I think that's terrific. *Your bit for wildlife. It will be interesting
to see if they remain in the garden and inhabit a compost heap or
something of that sort.
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

I don't suppose we'll see them again. They are pretty good at lurking
out of sight. We only see them if there's one swimming in the garden
pond.
They should have had chance to find a place to lurk in these last few
warm days. I'll need to make sure there's a compost heap for them
next year.
It was a while before I realised what was happening to all our
tadpoles (suddenly disappearing.) We have an acre of long grass &
plenty of voles, mice & shrews, I expect that's something they eat too.