Old 23-09-2010, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
pied piper pied piper is offline

Default worms and lawns

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , pied piper
writes
1.dragbrush the lawn before cutting
2. put down lime to change the ph
3. spray a systemic fungicide at half the dose

Hmm have tried the first, the lawn is about 900 sq metres. -

!. I'm assuming dragbrush is just that, drag a brush around behind you all
over the lawn? i don't think that is particularly useful because if you
are dragging a brush the bristles aren't coming down square onto the
womcasts and therefore don't clear them particularly well.

2 We live in a very high pH area in the Chilterns so the lawn is already
very alkaline.

3. that i could do, but as most of the effective stuff has been dragged
off the market and nursery shelves would you recommend anything that is
currently available?

Janet

ask your local greenkeeper drag brush has to be at least 6ft or
alternatively a metal drag mat will have the desired effect a switch(whip)
will also work or a beesom broom I buy my fungicide from trade sports turf
companies not sure if available off the shelf