Old 24-09-2010, 12:55 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Gunner[_3_] Gunner[_3_] is offline

Default Propagating Rootstock

On Sep 13, 7:42*pm, Billy_13 wrote:
Hello Everyone. *My first post.

--
Billy_13

If you are talking about splitting the rootstock in half to double it
I would be leary of such surgery unless you are experienced at this.
I would however be taking hardwood cuttings as well as layering many
of the remaining orchard to further propragate.The instructions are
all over the internet as well as in library books such as P.
Thompson's " Propagator' Handbook". If not on a orchardist
timeframe I would also would not hesitiate growing the rootstock out
and using those for rootgrafting large branches with a view towards
specimantrees or bonsai.

Here is a source that may interest you:
http://derrysorchardandnursery.ca/p2_rs_at.html