Old 25-09-2010, 09:05 AM
Owdboggy Owdboggy is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogga View Post
On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 16:45:55 +0000, Owdboggy
wrote:

mogga;901146 Wrote:
I've been given some peony seeds and having had a quick read about
them it looks like a lot of faffing about...
Should I just throw them in a corner of the garden?
--
'Bra-and-Pants' (
Bra-and-Pants)

You might lose them to mice, but yes they could grow there. Not sure
what advice you have been given, all I have done in the past is to sow
them now in ordinary compost and leave them somewhere rodent free, but
exposed to the weather. They germinated in spring, or sometimes the
following spring, no messing about.

OK I'll do that. I think I can manage that - the thing I'd read was
about double dormancy and needing to use a fridge ... ;-/
--
Bra-and-Pants
Holidays under £100