Old 25-09-2010, 02:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge[_2_] Rusty Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Tea bags that rot down in compost

kay wrote:

This will make Rusty cringe ...

Many years ago, the shop on my way to work stopped selling half pints of
milk. So I worked my way ins succession through various solutions:

1) buy a pint every two days and try to keep it fresh without a fridge

Half a pint of milk a day? You make tea for the firm? A pint generally
lasts me a week to ten days.

2) carry milk in from home - lots of trouble with leaking screwtop
bottles

Use bottles intended for drinks - fruit juice ones especially. I've
taken those (with fruit juice - pomegranate, blueberry/apple etc) from
Norfolk to Hants, and from Norfolk to Cheshire (and vice versa) on both
coach and train, and never spilt a drop - except down my neck. (inside
it...)

3) moved over to lemons - but fresh lemons were too expensive

Buy a lemon tree, or better, a limonello, which has lemmings only a
little larger than a pigeon's egg.

4) plastic lemon (don't ask)

I will, in a jif.

Plastic lemmings taste of sulphur dioxide.

Finally, I found I could enjoy lapsang souchong without milk or lemon,
so I went over to that.

Very good, but a slice of lemon tends to attract most of the brown
deposit which otherwise decorates the inside of your cup.

Now, I can drink any kind of tea without milk, and find it very
difficult to drink with milk. But I've gone over to lapsang teabags
because leaves aren't sold locally and I don't want a 10 mile trip into
town every time I need to stock up on tea.

http://www.wilkinsonsofnorwich.com/

I don't like the 'little ball on a chain' type infuser - they don't seem
to give the leaves enough room - but then I'm talking about lapsang
leaves, which are of the dimensions of shredded cabbage. Ordinary tea
may be better.

The correct size (it splits on the circumference, and looks like two
strainers, snogging) is only half-filled with leaves. After a about two
minuets you do the hokey-kokey with it, (in, out, in out, and shake it
all about...)

I have veggie (and riceball) thingies which would molish tea for the
regiment innit.

--
Rusty