Old 25-09-2010, 03:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Tea bags that rot down in compost

In article ,
Rusty Hinge wrote:
kay wrote:

This will make Rusty cringe ...

Many years ago, the shop on my way to work stopped selling half pints of
milk. So I worked my way ins succession through various solutions:

1) buy a pint every two days and try to keep it fresh without a fridge

Half a pint of milk a day? You make tea for the firm? A pint generally
lasts me a week to ten days.

A pint lasts me scarcely a day, but I - shock! horror! - also drink
the stuff, neat. A terrible vice, I know.

4) plastic lemon (don't ask)

I will, in a jif.

Plastic lemmings taste of sulphur dioxide.

You can buy lemming juice in small bottles that is a lot better.

Finally, I found I could enjoy lapsang souchong without milk or lemon,
so I went over to that.

Very good, but a slice of lemon tends to attract most of the brown
deposit which otherwise decorates the inside of your cup.

I don't like those fancy teas much, so stick with plain gunpowder or
Japanese when drinking green tea. But I do like mint tea, as in
Morocco.

I don't like the 'little ball on a chain' type infuser - they don't seem
to give the leaves enough room - but then I'm talking about lapsang
leaves, which are of the dimensions of shredded cabbage. Ordinary tea
may be better.

The correct size (it splits on the circumference, and looks like two
strainers, snogging) is only half-filled with leaves. After a about two
minuets you do the hokey-kokey with it, (in, out, in out, and shake it
all about...)

What's wrong with a traditional teapot? That's what I use.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.