Old 25-09-2010, 11:54 PM posted to balt.general,rec.gardens
jack jack is offline

Default Attack Of The Stinkbugs

Specifically the Brown Marmorated Stinkbug which has apparently been
in the US less than 15 yrs. This is my 1st experience with any kind
of stinkbug.

Suspend SC (Deltamethrin 4.75%) kills them but they die slowly and you
have to squirt them directly. Walking across a dry film layer of the
poison seems to have no effect.

But here's the rub: Everybody goes ballistic about their odor when
squished. Well, over the past seven days, I have squished about about
two dozen inside the house and at least 1,000 outside on the cedar
siding or in the garage with a fly swatter. I cannot smell a thing
even though possessing an excellent olfactory sense. Hell, I can
smell a fart at 20 yards. Guess I should be thankful small blessings
in dealing with this nuisance.