Old 26-09-2010, 03:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default worms and lawns

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
I know the chemicals that you once could use to discourage worm casts have
now been 'struck off' but is there nay other way that you can deter them?

I have to cut a very large lawn and there's an immense amount of womcasts
on the surface at the moment.
Funnily enough the front lawn which i scarified way back in the spring has
few cats on it but the back looks terrible with splodges of squashed soil
all over it and which are now killing the grass in patches.

Never step on the worm casts - instead brush them away with a besom.

Bill