Old 26-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Tex Gore Tex Gore is offline
Registered User

Default Lawnmower Identification and advice

Hi,

This is my first post. Hopefully someone can help! Because my wife was struggling with the weight of the Flymo, I purchased an old petrol mower in the hope this would be easier for her. It cost me next to nothing but wasn't running, however after cleaning up and resetting the points and plug gap, I finally got it started despite the mechanism which connects the engine to the starter pull mechanism being missing. The remaining problems I have are that the clutch doesn't quite seem to disengage the roller and cutter fully (despite being at full length on the adjuster), the missing mechanism, and the fuel pipe is also absent - the replacement is too thin and a such it's getting fuel starvation and giving up on me. However, although it says Atco De Luxe 14 on it, the engine doesn't look like other Atco De Luxe 14s I have seen on the web. Obviously I need to identify what the model is to be able to order the spares I need. Therefore, can anyone identify this and whether the engine is original? Also, do those chains look a little slack?

Many thanks in advance

Tex

http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/r...e/P1020058.jpg

http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/r...e/P1020060.jpg