Old 26-09-2010, 10:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle Mike Lyle is offline

Default Tea bags that rot down in compost

wrote:
In article ,
Rusty Hinge wrote:

We had an Osocool at the chalet in East Mersea. Better than nothing,
but not a patch on an eclectic refrigerator.

Or even a gas one.

A very well-kitted neighbour had a thermosyphon one which ran on
paraffin.

Those were a right pain in the arse. The slightest problem and they
kept their contents warm rather than cold.

In Sa'udi I briefly stayed with a German survey crew who had one: every
time they pitched a new camp, it had to be turned upside-down before it
would behave. I didn't have one at all, which was fine: no fresh milk,
and no meat which hadn't been alive a couple of hours before.

--
Mike.