Old 27-09-2010, 07:58 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Willshak Willshak is offline

Default Mole control

wrote the following:
On Sep 25, 3:24 pm, "Don Phillipson" wrote:

(Star-nosed) moles appeared in this garden for the first time
(in 15 years) and were extra active in September. Our cat can
kill them but stopped after 3 or 4, perhaps because they do not
taste good. Advice please?

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

traps

Inground swimming pool. I fish out an average of 4 dead moles per season.
Also one or two field mice or chipmunks and a few frogs.
I do manage to save most of the frogs and did save one chipmunks life by
netting him before he drowned.
I thought I might have to give him CPR but he managed to recover and
fled before I could get some work gloves.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY