Old 27-09-2010, 05:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge[_2_] Rusty Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Tea bags that rot down in compost

Mike Lyle wrote:
wrote:
In article ,
Rusty Hinge wrote:
We had an Osocool at the chalet in East Mersea. Better than nothing,
but not a patch on an eclectic refrigerator.

Or even a gas one.

A very well-kitted neighbour had a thermosyphon one which ran on
paraffin.

Those were a right pain in the arse. The slightest problem and they
kept their contents warm rather than cold.

In Sa'udi I briefly stayed with a German survey crew who had one: every
time they pitched a new camp, it had to be turned upside-down before it
would behave. I didn't have one at all, which was fine: no fresh milk,
and no meat which hadn't been alive a couple of hours before.

My bro', a naccountant, went to Sudan to audit something-or-other.

He and his mates hfrq to ohl bustard eggs - BUSTARD, I said, Frank - in
the market. You knocked on them, and if they knocked back, you didn't
ohl them.

You ohled two which didn't knock, in the hope that one of them wasn't
occupied by a nembryo.

--
Rusty