Old 27-09-2010, 11:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Guess what I heard and saw?

"Aries on MacBook" wrote in message
Whilst watching TV earlier I heard a sort of crackling sound. I looked to
where the sound was coming from and saw a huge spider running down a
window blind just to the left of me. He then dropped onto the floor,
plonk! He's in hiding now under our black leather sofa and recliners -
not sitting there any more Just goes to show how large these
spiders are to make a noise like that!!

SHUDDER

I'm going out tomorrow to see what I can find for deterring spiders. May
have to send off for it tho as I'm not at all sure any of our local shops
will have such a thing.

How do these huge spiders get into the house anyway? No windows are open
and they always seem to drop from the ceiling!

I had a similar experience. I was reading in bed, it was very silent and I
heard a scratching sort of noise. I thought it might be a mouse, so I was up
and looking for it immediately.
No, it was the biggest spider I ever saw in my life, climbing up the
wallpaper and making that noise.
I am a bit spider phobic, so rather than tackle it, I hid under the
bedclothes.
I'm better with them than I used to be but that one was a step too far.

Tina