Old 28-09-2010, 12:38 PM posted to rec.gardens
Steven Wayne[_2_] Steven Wayne[_2_] is offline

Default Lawn care help (Chicago)!

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 08:40:36 -0500, Newbie
wrote:
I know this is about gardens, but seems to be the closest usenet group
where I may find some expertise about lawns. Specifically:

(1) What is the best way to "dethatch" and "aerate" a small lawn
manually?

Scarify with a spring tine rake, aerate with a garden fork.

(2) When is the best time to apply organic weed-preventers like Corn
Gluten Meal? Before or after dethatching/aerating?

I have no idea what that is, but do the manual work on the lawn before
applying any products.

(3) Simialry, do I overseed a few weeks before or after applying Corn
Gluten Meal?

I would say read the Corn Gluten Meal packet, it may tell you.

This is in Chicago. Thanks for any advice.

This is Buckingham. No problem (^_^)

Steven
--
You're a great friend, but if the zombies chase us I'm tripping you.

www.baldman.org.uk