Old 28-09-2010, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Guess what I heard and saw?

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 23:27:12 +0100, Aries on MacBook
wrote:

Whilst watching TV earlier I heard a sort of crackling sound. I looked
to where the sound was coming from and saw a huge spider running down a
window blind just to the left of me. He then dropped onto the floor,
plonk! He's in hiding now under our black leather sofa and recliners -
not sitting there any more Just goes to show how large these
spiders are to make a noise like that!!

SHUDDER

I'm going out tomorrow to see what I can find for deterring spiders.
May have to send off for it tho as I'm not at all sure any of our local
shops will have such a thing.

How do these huge spiders get into the house anyway? No windows are
open and they always seem to drop from the ceiling!

You ask how they get in. If they are HOUSE spiders, they LIVE in your
house, in cracks and gaps; cupboards, under the bath, behind skirting
boards etc. Quite why September draws them out I don't know. They
are the only thing I'm petrified by, They really freak me out!
I moved an empty box from the top of a cupboard once. Well I thought
it was empty but sitting in the bottom was one of those biggies. I
emptied it out into the garden. The next day there was another (its
mate?) on the wall where the box had been! I managed to catch it in a
dustpan and put it in the garden also. Hope they met up!
Incidentally, spiders ca'n't swim and don't come up the plug hole.
They just go in for a drink.

Pam in Bristol