Old 28-09-2010, 08:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Aries on MacBook Aries on MacBook is offline

Default Guess what I heard and saw?

On 28/09/2010 17:39, Pam Moore wrote:
You ask how they get in. If they are HOUSE spiders, they LIVE in your
house, in cracks and gaps; cupboards, under the bath, behind skirting
boards etc. Quite why September draws them out I don't know. They
are the only thing I'm petrified by, They really freak me out!
I moved an empty box from the top of a cupboard once. Well I thought
it was empty but sitting in the bottom was one of those biggies. I
emptied it out into the garden. The next day there was another (its
mate?) on the wall where the box had been! I managed to catch it in a
dustpan and put it in the garden also. Hope they met up!
Incidentally, spiders ca'n't swim and don't come up the plug hole.
They just go in for a drink.

They live in the house ! These are big fat ones, what on earth do
they find to eat ?

As you may have noticed, they freak me out too!

--

http://www.ariesval.co.uk/val