Old 29-09-2010, 12:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Guess what I heard and saw?

On 2010-09-28 23:35:25 +0100, "Christina Websell"
said:

"Sacha" wrote in message

Oh yeah. ;-)) So how do they get into the bath?

They fall in.

One of ours is slap
up against the wall under a closed window - closed since I found
Arachnizilla in there one night recently. AIUI, some spiders can create
sort of air bubble around themselves that copes with the diving bell
problem. All I know is that we've had at least half a dozen
spiders-on-steroids in this house very recently and that is quite beside
the sort of pin-bodied thready ones that are around almost all the time.
My spider shriek is tuned to concert pitch.

It's spider breeding season right now and all the boy house spiders you
have
in your house are out and about looking for the girlies.
If you are interested, you will know a boy from a girl by the those two
things they protrude from the front. Boys have lumps on them and girlie
ones are straight.
Knowing that does not help me with my arachnaphobia, however.
It's something I try to control, I can do small ones now, but the big
ones,
no. It's ridiculous. Moths, beetles, snakes, anything else, but not big
spiders.

Tina

I agree with you and I can absolutely assure you that I'm not going to
check their gender!
--

I thought if I studied them a bit, it might help. It doesn't.
Tina