Old 29-09-2010, 04:59 AM posted to rec.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Preparing a lawn for Autumn Winter

"Newbie" wrote in message
Bill who putters wrote:
: In article , Newbie
: Brooklyn1 wrote:
: : A small lawn with cavorting pets and children hasn't a chance no
: : matter what you do... you'd just be wasting your money, time, and
: : effort... in fact the more you do the worse your lawn will become.
: : Just mow and water as needed, that's it.
:
: LOL the children and the pets don't really spend that much time on the
: lawn to cause damage. We as well as a few neighbors have simply
: decided together to avoid poisonous chemicals as a matter of policy.
:
: So where is this utopian green neighborhood. Sort of reminds me of the
: book "ecotopia" no place I ever saw.

"Neighborhood" to me means a larger area. I am only talking about four
houses, mine and three neighbors. All have kinds and pets. It is a
blessing to have good neighbors. However, please note that "not doing
something" requires no money or effort.

Good on you and your neighbours Newbie. I really can't understand the
obssession to weed feed and mow grass that doesn't support a single
cow/horse/goat or even a rabbit or 6.