Old 29-09-2010, 07:28 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default container centerpiece

In article ,
mossie wrote:

'David Hare-Scott[_2_ Wrote:
;901454']mossie wrote:-
hi i have bought a large pot for front garden and would like some
advice as to a shrub i can put in same, needs to be evergreen for
interest had thought of japanese maple but i dont know if they are
evergreen any ideas welcome
thanks-

It is very hard to guess unless you tell us where you are, your climate
and
the aspect of the proposed site of the pot. BTW maples are deciduous.

David

I am in edinburgh near the coast we dont get bad winters summers are
cool warm wet are any maples evergreen?

Have you ever heard of Google?

On the outside chance that you are truly helpless,
"Most species are deciduous, but a few in southern Asia and the
Mediterranean region are evergreen. Most are shade-tolerant when young,
and are often late-successional in ecology"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maple

Good luck.
--
- Billy