Old 29-09-2010, 09:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance David Rance is offline

Default Grape vine ID

On Wed, 29 Sep 2010, p.mc wrote:

Apologies for the brief info, this vine is growing in the UK Merseyside
to be precise.
The image was taken 2 days ago, fruit is small and hard, also not sure
if it's a black or white grape.

The grapes looked rather small which is why I thought the photo must
have been taken about two months ago. By this time they should be ripe
or very nearly. Almost impossible to tell whether it's black or white
though I've noticed that, around autumn time, the edges of leaves of
some black varieties tend to go dark red as though they are stained with
blood.

The fact that the grapes are so immature may possibly be due to a late
frost. Frosts will kill off any new shoots and so, after a few weeks,
they have to start again.

Out of interest..."Germany". What gave you that impression? :-)

Albasani.net in your header. I did a "whois" on it and it came up with
an organisation whose owner is Alexander Bartolich in Neuhofen. Just
shows that one can misinterpret the information! ;-)

David

--
David Rance
writing from Le Mesnil Villement, Calvados, France