Old 29-09-2010, 11:10 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pat Kiewicz[_2_] Pat Kiewicz[_2_] is offline

Default Cooler weather is coming

aem said:

We hope. SoCal has been suffering from a big heat wave but in spite
of that we're preparing to plant the cool weather veggies soon. Based
on what we've liked in the past we will have snowpeas, a variety of
lettuces, golden beets (for both the greens and the beetroots). What
are other favorites or new things that we might add to this list? -

I suggest you try growing 'baby bok choi' (Shanghai bok choi, Qing
choi, ching chang) in your winter garden. Lovely green vegetable!

Simple way to prepare it:
http://steamykitchen.com/2112-bok-ch...ry-recipe.html

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

nutrients..." --Largo Potter, Valkyria Chronicles

email valid but not regularly monitored