Old 29-09-2010, 09:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Aries on MacBook Aries on MacBook is offline

Default Guess what I heard and saw?

On 2010-09-29 09:35:31 +0100, Aries on MacBook
said:

they can bite tho - not poisonous but can cause an itchy spot or
allergic reaction. My father was bitten by one once so I do know that.

Ray's lip swelled alarmingly when he was bitten by a spider a year or so
back. He didn't see it or feel it but when the nurse examined it she
could see the two mandible marks. shudder! He'd been working at a
potting bench and of course nice warm, slightly humid glasshouses are
spider heaven.

Eeeeeeekkkkk!

It was bit! He said it went totally number and felt rather as you do
after an injection at the dentist. I insisted he went down to our local
hospital simply because it was close enough to his windpipe for me to be
concerned it didn't spread.

Better to be safe than sorry.
--

http://www.ariesval.co.uk/val