Old 29-09-2010, 04:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Guess what I heard and saw?

On 29/09/2010 08:59, Aries on MacBook wrote:
On 28/09/2010 23:15, Christina Websell wrote:
Mice don't worry me either, but I don't want one fossicking around in my
bedroom. Spiders, big ones, I do have a problem with those. I've told
myself they cannot hurt me, I know that but it doesn't work. They horrify
me for some reason.
Tina

they can bite tho - not poisonous

No, they're not poisonous. You can eat as many as you like! :~} ....

but can cause an itchy spot or
allergic reaction. My father was bitten by one once so I do know that

..... most spiders are *venomous*, although few are harmful to man.
Spiders native to this country which have been known to bite man (IME)
a Tegenaria gigantea, Dysdera crocata, Amaurobius spp., larger
Theridiids ... just in case you want to look them up. I dare say a few
other people in urg could add to this list.

Alas, the American Black Widow Spider (a larger Theridiid) which is
famed for the strength of its venom, now resides in local populations in
this country.

Oh yes, while I'm here, let's have a little less beastliness to my
friends :~). They're doing sterling work gobbling insects both inside
and outide your home.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London