Old 29-09-2010, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
p.mc[_3_] p.mc[_3_] is offline

Default Grape vine ID

"David Rance" wrote in message
On Wed, 29 Sep 2010, p.mc wrote:

Apologies for the brief info, this vine is growing in the UK Merseyside to
be precise.
The image was taken 2 days ago, fruit is small and hard, also not sure if
it's a black or white grape.

The grapes looked rather small which is why I thought the photo must have
been taken about two months ago. By this time they should be ripe or very
nearly. Almost impossible to tell whether it's black or white though I've
noticed that, around autumn time, the edges of leaves of some black
varieties tend to go dark red as though they are stained with blood.

The fact that the grapes are so immature may possibly be due to a late
frost. Frosts will kill off any new shoots and so, after a few weeks, they
have to start again.

Out of interest..."Germany". What gave you that impression? :-)

Albasani.net in your header. I did a "whois" on it and it came up with an
organisation whose owner is Alexander Bartolich in Neuhofen. Just shows
that one can misinterpret the information! ;-)

David

--
David Rance
writing from Le Mesnil Villement, Calvados, France

"Ah right"...It's just a news server I like, it has the most relevant NGs I
Windows live mail program on this Windows 7 laptop. Although I can obviously
use newsgroups, it seems to mess me about when trying to add Photobucket
image links to posts. Also not remembering safe senders "who are" in the
list, but still optioning me to allow sender??? Don't have any of this on my
other WinXP machine using good old Outlook Express, but there's no support
for that program now, and Windows 7 wont run it...Sigh!!

--

Regards
p.mc