Old 29-09-2010, 06:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Guess what I heard and saw?

On 29/09/2010 17:38, Pam Moore wrote:
On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 17:04:05 +0100, wrote:

You do remember correctly, Sacha :~)). Increasingly holding and then
studying spiders certainly helped me, but it wasn't easy. However,
being free of arachnophobia has changed my life for the better.

If you can't actually hold a spider, try staying close to it until your
level of anxiety drops. It will eventually help you cope with difficult
encounters, as will Tina's ploy of dealing with smaller spiders. After
all, with your petticoats around your ears, you can't run very fast! :~))

The trouble is, that spiders run so fast! If it would just sit still
and let me study it, or make friends, it might not be so bad!

Pam in Bristol

Yes, that can be a problem. Try making your hands vertical, like a
wall; it often slows the spider down.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London