Old 30-09-2010, 01:10 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dan L[_2_] Dan L[_2_] is offline

Default Preparing a lawn for Autumn Winter

Chris wrote:
On Sep 29, 11:48 am, Newbie wrote:
Good on you and your neighbours Newbie. I really can't understand
the
obssession to weed feed and mow grass that doesn't support a single
cow/horse/goat or even a rabbit or 6.

Better than blacktop.

I had the same thought. Would it be better to simply ignored the land
cover it all with bricks/tar/concrete?

Not to mention the fact that it's illegal for some of us to have goats
etc on our property! As for letting the land go wild, I can tell you
that one bout of Lyme Disease is enough (I live in a tick-ridden area-
have not seen deer ticks here yet, but they are out there) and once is
more than enough when you have a kid that likes to play outside.
That's the main reason I mow my lawn, thanks.

Chris

Many communities allow chickens. Chickens and especially Bantam hens
love ticks. So for a tick free yard think about chickens, also with
chickens will never have to mow the lawn again!

--
Enjoy Life... Dan L (Garden in zone 5a Michigan)