Old 30-09-2010, 01:35 AM posted to aus.gardens
Ross McKay[_2_] Ross McKay[_2_] is offline

Default The seasons turn

On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 10:21:49 +1000, David Hare-Scott wrote:

[...]
Her Indoors likes the Turkish bread I make with Nigella seeds on it. On a
whim I planted some seed and it is viable! So the flower garden will get
them and I can see if the edible sort (Nigella sativa) look like the
ornamental sort (Nigella iforgetitnow, 'love in the mist'). [...]

Indeed, we've found we like nigella seeds mixed into our dosa batter.
Must sprout some and get it growing

I notice the mustard seeds are equally viable; since most of my giant
red leaf mustard seed blew away in the big wind, I sowed some yellow
mustard seed from the pantry in its place and they've all sprouted. So
we'll have a mix of the giant red leaf and some (I guess) not-so-giant
green leaf mustard.
--
Ross McKay, Toronto, NSW Australia
"Let the laddie play wi the knife - he'll learn"